Sunday, March 20, 2011

NKE ITM Bear Put

I'm opening a trade tomorrow morning that is somewhat out of the box.  I will buy to open an Apr11 In The Money Bear Put on NKE.  Nike, Inc. reported its quarterly earnings last week and had a huge drop with very significant volume.
With $80 per share setting in as the likely new resistance level an ITM Bear Put will work similar to a credit spread.  The trade will consist of an Apr11 $85 strike long put and an Apr11 $80 strike short put.  The net cost of the trade is $4.35 with a $5.00 spread.  This means that if the stock price stays below $80 per share, stock will be put to me at $80 and I will have the right to sell at $85 for a $5.00/share net gain.  Subtracting the net debit of the trade ($4.35) I will see a profit of $0.65/share.  On a $4.35 debit that is a 15% ROI.  The sooner the stock is put to me the better. 

1 comment:

Jeffry said...

I'm going to set a limit order to close this trade now. I could make $0.65/share in the best case scenario. Right now I could easily get out of the trade with close to half that. While $0.30/share does not seem like a lot, it is almost a 7% ROI in only two days. Anytime I can get out of a trade in only two or three days with 6 or 7% I'm taking the money. My limit order is going to be a limit credit order for $4.70.

Blog Archive